Thursday, October 02, 2014

Joy Is God's Gift

Do you have a smile down deep in your heart?
It’s truly a blessed way each new day to start.
Recount the blessings God gives you each day.
This keeps your “thinking” from going astray.

The mood of each day is really a choice.
Choose to be glad and smile and rejoice!
Though some days are hard and burdens crowd in,
The joy of the Lord will help you to “win”!

Don’t let your heart be robbed of its smile
By upset or burden or some petty “trial”.
For joy is God’s gift... a wonderful treasure
To make our lives better in bountiful measure.

“I will praise You, O Lord, with my whole heart; I will show forth (recount and tell aloud) all Your marvelous works and wonderful deeds! I will rejoice in You and be in high spirits; I will sing praise to Your name, O Most High!”
Psalm 9:1-2 Amplified Bible

© 2014 Arlene Schwartzkopf