Sunday, September 04, 2011

His Highest And Best

Since God has provided for every need
I want to know Him and follow His lead.
He is my Maker, and He has a plan
To help me fulfill the work He began.

If I should bypass the plan He has shown
And try to accomplish my goals on my own,
I can get sidetracked or even hard-pressed
And may never find God's highest and best.

The path where He leads me will have much to learn.
If I don't question, His merits I'll earn.
He will prepare me, His goals to fulfill,
And prosper me greatly with God-given skill.

"Thy hands have made me and fashioned me: give me understanding that I may learn thy commandments."
Psalm 119:73 KJV

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning."
James 1:17 KJV

© 2011 Arlene Schwartzkopf