Sunday, January 27, 2008

Running Our Race

As we jump o'er hurdles and run in our "race",
We rest in God's mercy, encouraged by grace.
He never forsakes us to run all alone
But is close by our side when our path is unknown.

How faithful His watchcare in all that we do.
His covering prevents life from going askew.
He gives us courage and strength when we're weak,
When mountains are high and valleys look bleak.

He always is there to lend us a hand,
To cheer and inspire us and help us to stand.
When we face a challenge which we must transcend
We find we can do it, 'cause He is our friend.

"Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. He shall call upon me, and I will answer him. With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation."
Psalm 91:14-16 KJV

© 2008 Arlene Schwartzkopf