Saturday, November 02, 2013

Built Upon The Rock

Whatever we build, when built on the Rock,
Has sturdy foundation which no foe can mock.
The labors we spend in serving the Lord
Cannot be shaken, but bring rich reward.

“Towers” we build, in which we place hope,
May not bring answers or help us to cope.
Aside from the Lord our “towers” will crumble,
Creating confusion and leaving a jumble.

When God helps us build, it may be unseen,
But substance is there, on which we can lean.
Wisdom would tell us to “build on the Rock”...
A sturdy foundation which no foe can mock.

“And he said, The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer: The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence.”
II Samuel 22:2-3 KJV

© 2012 Arlene Schwartzkopf