Sunday, September 09, 2012

He Heard My Prayer

God heard my prayer, and He met my need...

My need was for a new pair of shoes. This might not seem like much of a need, but I wear special shoes, and when I don't have them it causes lots of problems in my hip. The pair I was wearing broke down on the inside and was no longer good.

I didn't have money for a new pair, but in faith I called the shoe store and asked them to hold a pair in my size, telling them I would come soon to get them. This situation needed a quick answer.

The girl who answered the phone said to me, "Oh, I forgot to call you. You won a drawing."

This startled me. I said, "What drawing?"

She answered, "Don't you remember? The last time you were in you signed up for a drawing and you won. You have a new pair of shoes waiting for you."

It took a moment for me to realize what I was hearing. My reply was, "You mean I get a free pair of shoes?"

The beauty of what had happened was really impacting me. Obviously, God was in the mix here. I still don't recall that there was a drawing, but somehow He provided these shoes for me.

God is not limited in His ability to provide for us. When we love Him and serve Him He goes before us, preparing our way, providing for all our needs, and making a safe path for us.

I am so grateful for His lovingkindness.

"The Lord is my shepherd: I shall not want."
Psalm 23:1 KJV

"The Lord hath done great things for us, whereof we are glad."
Psalm 126:3 KJV

© 2009 Arlene Schwartzkopf