Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Angels On Duty

My daughter drives a classic caar - a 1966 Mustang.

The former owner of this car didn't do the repair work on it properly. "Bucket of bolts" and "held together with bubble gum and baling wire" would be apt references here. Sometimes I wonder what kept it running, except for the fact that I pray for my daughter and know God watches over her. She herself says that every time she gets in the car she prays, "God, get me where I'm going".

Recently she was coming to my house, traveling on a freeway, and lost the water out of her radiator. She pulled off to the side, got out of the car, and started to lift up the hood of the car. Before she could get the hood up, a van with three fellows stopped. One fellow said to her, "I have a '65 Mustang. I think I can fix your problem."

As he checked to see what the problem was, he found that a "cap" had broken from age, causing the water to drain out. He went to his van, came back with a "cap" and put it on her car. She didn't know what the cap was from, but it exactly fit the car.

The fellows had bottled drinking water in their van, and they poured it in her radiator. Then they offered to follow her to the exit where she would leave the freeway to make sure she would get off safely. They would take no pay for helping her.

What a miracle! She didn't lose more than ten minutes' time in her trip, and the car was running fine.

As she told me about this, I laughingly commented, "Well, that may have been the only place in this whole metro area where the part which was needed was available (because the car is so old), and God knew right where the part was.

When I later shared this story with a friend, his comment was, "Angels. It was angels..." And then I realized. God had sent angels to help her.

"For He shall give His angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways."
Psalm 91:11 NKJV

© 2005 Arlene Schwartzkopf