Wednesday, September 26, 2012

A Changing Season

Through the years I have enjoyed many activities... sewing, stitchery, decorating, gardening, etc. Each one was a blessing and useful at the time. These activities were wonderful in the former season. But now the Lord is saying to me that some of these things must fall away from me, that unless they do I cannot fit into the "house" He has for me. And they don't matter as much now. To continue to do all these things would be like carrying extra baggage around.

I do not know what is before me. I cannot see yet... or know. But I feel relief in knowing that my lack of interest in the former things is part of preparation for a new season.

He told me He was preparing me to walk on a higher ledge. (This reminds me of the Scripture which talks about hinds' feet in high places" - Psalm 18:33), and that I can't carry a wide load on a narrow ledge. (God has a good sense of humor.)

Some days, when all of my favorite things began to fall away from me, I felt discouraged and wondered what was happening to me. At times I did not feel good about it. But now, as I look at what is happening I can see that God's hand is in this. And I am encouraged. He is faithful and He knows my needs. And He also knows what I don't need anymore! Hallelujah!

"He makes my feet like hinds' feet (able to stand firmly or make progreess on the dangerous heights of testing and trouble); He sets me securely upon my high places."
Psalm 18:33 Amplified Bible

© 2012 Arlene Schwartzkopf