Thursday, May 24, 2007

A Weed-Free Life

It sure isn't good to let weeds have their way.
You can't see their roots to know where they'll go.
They take up good space and crowd out good plants.
Then soon they will blossom and more seeds will sow.

We may pull them out and think they are gone,
But where are the roots which have spread out and grown?
They remain covered and may bring surprise
When they sprout up again in places unknown.

"Weeds" in our lives should be unwelcome guests,
For they will grow strong and "deplete" our soil.
The roots which are hidden are really a nuisance.
If they're not removed, our lives they will spoil.

"Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: and see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."
Psalm 139:23-24 KJV

© 2007 Arlene Schwartzkopf