Saturday, May 12, 2007

Spring Flowers

My garden needs help as the flowers start to show,
But what are these weeds which vigorously grow?
I did not plant them, but somehow they're there,
Looking for space in my flower bed to share.

So I dig and I weed to pull them all out
'Cause my flowers need room to grow and to sprout.
When I've finished my work and my flower bed is done,
I just don't want weeds..... not even one!

Then the slugs and the bugs and the grubworms and ants
Try to come "lunch" on my flowers and plants!
Whenever I see hungry pests such as they,
I chase them away with my dust and my spray!

I feed and I water to make my plants grow.
If I am faithful, they'll make quite a "show".
Each little plant I carefully groom,
'Cause I love my plants..... I see God in each bloom.

© 2006 Arlene Schwartzkopf