Saturday, May 19, 2007

In The Shadow Of The Cross

When your feet are tired and weary
And each step is full of pain,
And all the efforts that you've made
Just seem to be in vain...

Bring your burdens to the cross
And simply leave them there.
For Jesus will not give you
Any weight you cannot bear.

In the shadow of the cross
Is sweet refreshing for your soul.
The newness of the life He gives
Will heal and make you whole.

He will give you new beginning
To redeem your pain and loss.
Enter into peace and rest
In the shadow of the cross.

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me: for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."
Matthew 11:28-30 KJV

© 2006 Arlene Schwartzkopf