Thursday, January 18, 2007

New Thoughts For A New Year

Lord, purify my mind
By the filt'ring of Your Word.
Cleanse me from unuseful thoughts
And my thinking undergird.

I do not want my mind to be
So full that I can't hear
Your every whisper when You speak
Or sense when You are near.

Help my mind to just "be still
And know that You are God".
To never worry, fret or "race",
But by peace be wrapped and shod.

Let my discernment have increase
To recognize what's good and true.
Let my thinking patterns change
To make me more like You.

"And be renewed in the spirit of your mind....."
Ephesians 4:23 KJV

"And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect will of God."
Romans 12:2 KJV


© 2007 Arlene Schwartzkopf