Wednesday, January 03, 2007

A God-Shaped Heart

Lord, give me a heart that is loving and kind.
Cause me to "see" and not to be blind.
In my actions and thoughts and responses each day
Let my heart be as Yours..... in every way.

If I am selfish and have hidden pride
Or let jealous thoughts and anger reside,
My heart will grow hard and cease to be gentle,
Unhappy and sad..... and quite temperamental.

If I'm not faithful and open with You
But am closed and resentful in things that I do,
My heart will have "holes" where Your beauty should be.
Even that which I have will seem warped and "off-key".

May Your love and Your kindness in my heart abound.
Let patience and gentleness always be found.
May mercy and grace in my heart always be,
So that others see You and Your beauty..... not me.


"Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me, and know my thoughts; and see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."
Psalm 139:23-24 KJV

"But the fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law."
Galatians 5:22 KJV


© 2006 Arlene Schwartzkopf