Monday, January 22, 2007

His Yoke Is Easy

Sometimes the yokes that we bear are too much,
But there is no yoke which our Savior can't touch.
We need only ask Him to carry our load.
We're not meant to live in an "over-taxed" mode.

Sometimes the yokes that we carry are wrong...
When we take them on then we struggle along.
We should ask God what we're meant to bear,
For He will not give us more than our share.

What others put on us will only cause stress.
These are not burdens which we should address.
Our God will show us what truly is ours,
And by grace He will save us from that which devours.


"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."
Matthew 11:28-30 KJV


© 2007 Arlene Schwartzkopf