Friday, September 26, 2014

Our Faithful God

Our God is faithful... beyond our most far-reaching imaginations...

For many years I had the privilege of worshiping God at the piano in several churches. I loved it and thought I would never quit doing it until the day I would go home to meet the Lord, (and was hoping Heaven would have a piano where I could continue worshiping in this way). But sometimes life takes turns we do not expect.....

My very elderly mother lived with me, and at age 98 she no longer could attend church. She was fearful of having a stranger come in to care for her, so I chose to stay at home with her.

My heart ached to be able to worship in church. It was hard. But the Lord hadn’t forgotten me. He prompted me to start writing.... a new challenge. I had years of musical training but none as a writer, so I had to trust Him with this new venture. Little did I know how all this would come together. A dear friend prompted me to learn computer and then to start a blogspot. I didn’t know how I would keep that going, but every day the Lord encouraged me. Our faithful God had provided me a new way in which to worship!

And this I have learned..... Even in times when we seem to be detoured from being able to serve the Lord, there will always be a way to share His goodness. He will provide (even including providing new skills) if we are willing.... Always He is faithful!

”Great is thy faithfulness...”
Lamentations 3:23 KJV

“Because thy lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise thee. Thus will I bless thee while I live: I will lift up my hands in thy name.”
Psalm 63:3-4 KJV

© 2014 Arlene Schwartzkopf