Sunday, July 29, 2012

Lingering In His Presence

Always watching, always waiting, always longing for the Lord... my soul longs to hear His voice, to feel His presence and His touch.

His presence is as an oasis where I may come and drink... and find rest... where I can find refreshing and new energy to meet the tasks before me. Lingering with Him brings a pattern and direction to my day. Listening for His voice brings awareness of what is going on around me. Resting in Him is restorative.

I truly desire to know Him, and as I seek Him faithfully a whole new level of understanding opens up. He changes me... and I am blessed. I rejoice deep within.

"As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God..."
Psalm 42:1-2 KJV

© 2012 Arlene Schwartzkopf