Monday, July 16, 2012

No Fear

It is so important to be able to discern what is happening around us...

One evening I was leading worship in a meeting, and I was aware of a man across the room in the front row who was seeking to be noticed... he had a disruptive spirit. When worship was over and our speaker began to speak, this man was trying to get the speaker's attention and interject his own comments. The speaker did not allow him to interrupt, and he was restless.

I started praying (within myself) to block what he was trying to do. When the speaker was through and called our prayer teams to come forward to pray for those with needs, this man got up and came across the room toward me. He was angrily clawing at the air with his hand and came right toward my face. He was maybe only three feet from me when I motioned with my hand and said to him very quietly, "You're out of order." He stopped in his tracks. He couldn't move another inch toward me. And then he left.

This all happened very fast, but I felt no fear because the Lord had given me the words to say. It was the power of God working which stopped him. My friend was sitting by me and saw what happened. She said she was really scared that he would hurt me.

I learned a very valuable lesson in this. When I was praying silently against the evil in this man I made no visible signs that I was praying. But HE KNEW exactly who was blocking him and showed intense anger toward me. I realized that when my spirit is uncomfortable with the spirit in someone around me, probably the wrong spirit in the other person will not be comfortable around ME.

In this case, the Lord intercepted the situation and disabled the man's efforts to retaliate against me. He guided and protected me, and the evil person had to leave.

"For the Holy Ghost shall teach you in the same hour what ye ought to say."
Luke 12:12 KJV

"Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them; because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world."
I John 4:4 KJV

© 2011 Arlene Schwartzkopf