Monday, November 14, 2011

The Whisper Of His Voice

The whisper of His voice in a quiet moment's pause
Cuts through what I'm doing and my attention draws.
Oh, what treasure, Oh, what joy... to realize and know
That He is always near to me, His blessings to bestow.

His caring never wavers and His presence is so real.
He is ever by my side, His guidance to reveal.
Should my footsteps weary or confusion cause alarm,
I can listen for His voice and lean upon His arm...

Trusting He will speak to me and cover me with peace.
The whisper of His voice brings such healing and release.
When I rest and give Him pause I know He will draw near.
In these times, as I am still, His voice is very clear.

"As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God."
Psalm 42:1 KJV

© 2010 Arlene Schwartzkopf