Sunday, September 06, 2009

Set Aside With Him

When we have to make a change
We may not know God's plan long-range.
"Separation" oft is hard
And leaves us feeling somewhat jarred.

And yet His plans are for our best,
Giv'n for growth or as a "test".
A change may be God's "wake-up" call,
A time to lean on Him for all.

And when He calls us to His side,
Alone in prayer to abide,
This precious time we should not rush
But let Him all resistance crush.

If we flee this holy mission
We may forfeit God's fruition.
What a sad loss that would be...
Not to gain His victory.

"Surely I will not come into the tabernacle of my house, nor go up into my bed: I will not give sleep to mine eyes, or slumber to mine eye-lids, until I find out a place for the Lord, an habitation for the mighty God of Jacob."
Psalm 132:3-5 KJV

© 2009 Arlene Schwartzkopf