Saturday, September 19, 2009

Safety In Him

(An Answer To Prayer)

Every day I pray over the cars and vehicles I and my family members drive or ride in. And God has been faithful to answer my prayers and keep us safe. This week my son was in an accident where a 19-year-old who had been drinking hit the semi-truck my son was driving. His truck had a 48-foot trailer, and the other vehicle went under the trailer, hitting the axle, and then spun off to the side.

My son starts work around 3:30 a.m., and anytime I hear the phone ring when it's still dark and see his name on my caller i.d., it's usually a call for prayer. It was 6:15 a.m., and I heard him say, "Mom, I've been in an accident. I'm okay, but please pray for the guy that hit me. We are waiting for Life Flight."

The fire department came and got the young man out of what was a twisted pile of metal and rubble, and Life Flight took him to the hospital. He is in fair condition, and we are grateful that he is alive, although to look at pictures of his vehicle you would have to wonder how he lived through the crash.

We are grateful that God covered this situation so completely. He somehow helped my son to not run over the other vehicle when it was coming at him head-on (this was on a two-lane highway with not much room to pull off), and He helped my son to stay cool in the situation. He did not get hurt and was able to go back to work the next day.

May God keep His hand on this 19-year-old young man, heal him and use him mightily.

God never lets us down in our time of need. He is faithful! He is always there, and He is awesome! May His name be praised!

"For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways."
Psalm 91:11 KJV

© 2009 Arlene Schwartzkopf