Sunday, September 27, 2009

Be Contagious

Have you ever noticed how, when another person is enthusiastic or excited about something, their joy rubs off on you and it is good to be around them?

I walked into church one morning and greeted a young man, asking him how he was. He answered me with, "Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits!" (Psalm 103:2); and "Let everything that is within me bless His holy name!" (Psalm 103:1).

The Scripture was flowing out of Him as a river of living water, and it impacted me. He was greeting people with the Word! My spirit immediately came alive, and I began to rejoice. What a moment! He was on fire, and the Holy Spirit was fanning the flame.

Be contagious for Jesus! Spread His joy around. Let His joy spring up within you and splash out on others! Be as a spark which lights a fire and, as on a prairie, let your spark be fanned into a mighty sweeping fire for God.

Fan the flames of the Good News of Jesus!

© 2009 Arlene Schwartzkopf