Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Poetry Of Life

The "poetry" of daily life is sometimes a conundrum.
Some "events" which happen... well, I wonder where they come from!
Things which ought to work together sometimes will not rhyme.
And when I need to change my "tack", I find I'm losing time.

Smoothly should my life's "lines" flow, in harmony of wit and charm,
My rhythm moving to and fro, free from problems and alarm!
But life takes tricky twists and turns and writes it's own "lines" of concern.
So I seek God for every verse. For every word He gives, I yearn.

This is how the rhythm of a missing line improves:
When God gives out the perfect verse, then the rhythm "moves",
Having lines which ebb and flow with symmetry of sound.
The Lord brings forth a cadence which is lovely and profound.

"As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God..."
Psalm 42:1-2 KJV

© 2009 Arlene Schwartzkopf