Thursday, July 23, 2009

His Precious Covering

In years past I played the piano for the services of a large church. In this church we had lots of worship, and the people worshipped with all their hearts. Always I strived to do my very best at the piano... as an offering to our precious Lord and also to bless the people. But one morning, I hit wrong notes several times. I was frustrated. It was not my norm for this to happen very often. But to have it happen more than once in any given service bothered me.

To my amazement, after that one service, several people came up to me and thanked me for blessing them with my playing. Occasionally a person would thank me, but this morning several came. I was dumbfounded. It was like the Lord had covered my errors and not even allowed the people to hear them. And then, out of His lovingkindness, He moved these people to come forth and thank me. His graciousness to me was so heartwarming. I felt like Jesus Himself was thanking me. What a blessing! What an awesome God we have!

"Because thy lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise thee. Thus will I bless thee while I live: I will lift up my hands in thy name."
Psalm 63:3-4 KJV

© 2009 Arlene Schwartzkopf