Saturday, July 18, 2009

He Knows My Heart

Some days my greatest efforts do not amount to much,
And though I've really labored hard don't have "that special touch".
And then some days I move along with energy and ease,
Pat myself upon the back and think, "This was a breeze!"

The Lord will look upon those days I worked and tried so hard.
Those might be the very days when in His sight I "starred".
The work I do cannot be measured in the sight of man.
My meekest efforts just might be my best in God's great plan.

What is in my heart each day is that which God will measure.
Even though I be not skilled, my worship is His treasure.
He can take my weakest skills and make them shine as gold.
All that I wiill do for Him has benefit untold.

"...For the Lord seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the Lord looketh on the heart."
I Samuel 16:7 KJV

© 2009 Arlene Schwartzkopf