Monday, July 06, 2009

A Heavenly Net

Recently, as I was sitting in a doctor's waiting room, a woman I didn't know walked up to me and said, "You have great peace." I did feel peace, and the Lord allowed her to see that. We began to talk and had a wonderful conversation about the Lord. I knew God had orchestrated this meeting. While we were talking I glanced across the waiting room and another woman caught my attention. (I didn't know this one either). The glory of God was written all over her face. She was like a fountain of light. She sat with her eyes closed, and I felt that she was praying. After a few minutes she walked over to me and the first woman and handed each of us a piece of paper. She had torn the corner off of her bank deposit slips and gave one to each of us. Now we had her address and phone number and also a blessing which was printed there. She whispered to us, indicating she too was a Christian. Each of the three of us lives in an outlying region of a large metropolitan center. It is interesting to me that we were from three far-away corners outside the city. Surely God was putting something together, even though we live quite a distance from one another.

Recently I heard from a Christian friend whom I had lost track of approximately thirty-five years ago. This lady lives in yet another outlying corner of the larger metroplex area.

As I have pondered all this I was reminded of a vision I had sixteen years ago. It was this:

"I was looking down on the city. It was dark. I became aware that there were many homes that had light inside, and God showed me which ones they were. I saw a huge net (like a fishnet) draped across the roofs of the houses. The knots in the net were attached to the houses which had light, connecting those houses one to the other... the networking of the saints... today's real church. This all lay under the cover of darkness. There was no light in the vision, but God allowed me to see where the Light was."

Be encouraged. I believe the saints will see and know where other saints are. God will allow us to see and know one another, though we may never have met before, even as like what happened to me in the doctor's waiting room. We will not stand alone, though the hour be dark. God will always be with us and help us.

© 2009 Arlene Schwartzkopf