Sunday, July 20, 2008

Too Busy?

Will we spend time to lie down in green pastures?
Will we take moments to rest by still waters?
Will we find time to let Him restore us?
Will righteousness fill us, His sons and His daughters?

He is our Shepherd..... we shall not have want.
And when we have testing, we shall not have fear.
He is our comfort to guide and to guard us.
In all of our ways He is constantly near.

How great is our loss if we do not revere Him,
But get much too busy to bow at His feet.
For here we're refreshed in our bodies and souls.
In His holy presence our rest is complete.

"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake."
Psalm 23:1-3 KJV

© 2007 Arlene Schwartzkopf