Thursday, July 24, 2008

Baggage

Lord, Your Word says that You will provide for my needs, but I sometimes cannot even see what my needs are because my mind is "cluttered up" with so many things. It occurs to me that I need to clean out the closets and corners of my mind so that there is "room" in which to put the new things You would provide.

Lord, help me not to collect so much stuff that I cannot recognize what my real needs are (as defined by You). Perhaps my mind is too full to even receive what You have for me when I do see it.

Help me to stay free of "clutter" so that I can move forward at Your pace and in the timing You would give me. Help me to recognize what is "baggage"... extra baggage. And give me the wisdom and determination to deal with it, lest I start to bog down.

Lord, make me ready, in my mind as well as in my lifestyle, to receive Your provision.

"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee."
Isaiah 26:3 KJV

© 2008 Arlene Schwartzkopf