Saturday, July 12, 2008

In Tune

Holy Spirit, Thou art welcome
To come and rearrange
All that is within me
That really needs some change.

When I become too busy
To hear Your quiet call,
Confusion starts to happen,
And error could befall.

I need Your clear direction
So I can really know
What You would daily have me do,
And what I should forego.

Some tasks may seem to be all right
And really have some worth,
But if they aren't what I should do,
Then You cannot give birth...

To that which may be urgent.
My time will then be spent
On matters of "distraction"
Which were not Your intent.

Help me hear Your precious voice
And constantly commune,
To follow in the path You give
And really be in tune.

"Howbeit, when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth, for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come."
John 16:13 KJV

© 2008 Arlene Schwartzkopf