Tuesday, March 14, 2006

He Is There

When your heart is aching
And tired from wear and tear,
When clouds of darkness hover
Remember - Jesus cares.

Nothing that is in us
Is beyond His tender touch.
He understands our every need
And loves us all so much.

Though the load you carry
Sometimes seems too much to bear,
He will lift that burden from you.
Remember - He is there.

He will fill your mouth with laughter
And make your heart to sing,
Will light your path and guide your way,
A happy smile bring.

If you will only trust Him
Your burdens He will bear.
His joy will be your portion.
Nothing shall compare.

For He is there.

"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you and learn from Me, For I am gentle and lowly in heart,
And you will find rest for your souls.
For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."
Matthew 11:28-30 NKJ

©2004 Arlene Schwartzkopf