Thursday, March 30, 2006

The Ant and The Bee

The ant was so busy
And worked all day long
To gather his food,
Though he was not strong.

Then he saw a bee
Who was flying about
From flower to flower
Sweet nectar to scout.

Ant
"What are you doing?"
He said to the bee.

Bee
"Searching for nectar
To take home with me."

"I fly to my beehive
Where honey we make,
For people like honey
On bread and in cake!"

The ant thought it over
But didn't know why
A bee would make honey
For PEOPLE to try.

Ant
"I take my food
From crumbs people LEAVE!
That you make them honey
Is hard to believe!"

Bee
"God made me a bee,
For He had a plan
That I should make honey
As good food for man."

"So I work hard all day
From dawn until eve.
For me it is better
To give than receive."

"And remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that He said, 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.'"
Acts 20:35b NKJ

© 2005 Arlene Schwartzkopf