Monday, March 18, 2013

Pure In Heart

The Holy Spirit pierces to the very core of our being, searching, identifying what resides there, cleansing and purifying us within. How much we need for the Spirit to do this for us because of the negative exposures all around us in society today. We are inundated with worldly thinking patterns on television, on the internet, in books and magazines and newspapers, in schools, in the workplace, etc. On TV some of the ads are worse than the shows. Afterwhile we don't realize how much our lives are permeated with today's trends.

The Holy Spirit is a discerner of our thoughts and the intent of our hearts. As we pray and ask the Lord to help us, the Spirit will come and cleanse us from all unrighteousness, so that our lives may be holy and acceptable before Him. He will remove the "blinders" off our eyes and help us to walk in righteousness.

Holy Spirit, come...

"Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God."
Matthew 5:8 KJV

"Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: and see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."
Psalm 139:23-24 KJV

© 2013 Arlene Schwartzkopf