Friday, July 23, 2010

People Who Inspire - John M.

John was an humble person and loved the Lord deeply. His transparency was remarkable and beautiful.

He gave a testimony in church one morning, and this was one of the statements he made... "I have discovered that without Jesus I am capable of just about anything"... (meaning sin). This was many years ago, but I've never forgotten what he said. How honest he was! And how honest we all need to be.

To the degree that we let Jesus into our lives is the degree in which we will be free from error and fault. In Him is light and freedom. He is our guide, our helper, our teacher, our fortress. He "tempers" us in all things.

Let Him come in... be free.

"Shew me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me
in thy truth, and teach me; for thou art the God of
my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day."
Psalm 25:4-5 KJV

© 2010 Arlene Schwartzkopf