Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Shadow Of The Almighty

As I dwell within Your shadow
I have covering for each day.
I find strength and comfort there
And know that I will be okay.

No matter what the challenge,
I will rest beneath Your wing
And find my hope and confidence
Within the peace You bring.

I'll not be alone nor
Dash my foot against a stone.
I will not look down
Or be in fear of the unknown.

You're my shield and buckler.
'Neath Your covering I'll reside.
I will draw my strength from You.
In You I will abide.

"He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone."
Psalm 91:1-2, 11-12 KJV

© 2010 Arlene Schwartzkopf