Sunday, April 26, 2009

With Eagles' Wings

Lord, help me to mount up with wings as the eagle
And soar on a plane which is glorious and regal.
Let the wind of Your spirit swell 'neath my wing,
To lift up and heal me and new strength to bring.

For when I am soaring earth's weights fall away.
The joy which I feel shall worries allay.
In You is all power and glory and might
...Inspiration to rise up and bravely take flight.

I shall not faint, no longer be weary,
And brightness will light the eyes which were teary.
You are my wind and You are my wings.
Deep in my spirit Your sweet promise rings.

"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."
Isaiah 40:31 KJV

© 2008 Arlene Schwartzkopf