Friday, April 24, 2009

Finding Balance

You can tell what I like by the things that I "store":
Music and writings and books and much more;
Fabrics and papers and stitchery charts,
CD's and records, paintings and arts.

But more important is Jesus, my Lord.
Without knowing Him, I would simply be bored.
He gives me purpose... I'm in His employ!
He gives me "calling" and fills me with joy.

So that which I do in Him will be first.
For His sweet presence I always will thirst.
He keeps me balanced so I don't lose sight
Of that which is best and that which is right.

"See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, redeeming the time, because the days are evil. Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is."
Ephesians 5:15-17 KJV

© 2009 Arlene Schwartzkopf