Saturday, February 09, 2008

Staying Focused

God gives direction and guides by His hand
To help us accomplish those things He has planned.
We must be careful lest purpose is lost.
When purpose is gone, then lives are storm-tossed.

If focus is blurred or sometimes delayed
And we don't complete the plans He has made,
We may have missed His blessings for us.
Victories in lives are forfeited thus.

God is our helper... to keep us on track.
In Him is no want or wandering or lack.
He is our strength, our shield and our friend.
He gives us purpose... on Him we depend.

"He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God, in him will I trust."
Psalm 91:1-2 KJV

© 2008 Arlene Schwartzkopf