Sunday, December 03, 2006

A Pretty Coat

God's blessings and provision are always wonderful and have often brought joy to my life in a beautiful way.

One day I walked into church and noticed that a lady there had on a very lovely black velvet coat with leather trim. I thought it was beautiful, and within myself quietly said, "Oh, I would love to have a coat like that some day." I wasn't shopping for a coat, and I didn't think I could afford anything like that anyway. It was only a thought at the time, and then I didn't think any more about it. And I didn't say anything to my family or anyone else about it.

Approximately two weeks later I received a call from someone saying that they had a coat that they thought I would like and that they wanted to give it to me. When I saw it I was really blessed and much amazed. This too was a lovely velvet coat.... not the same as the one I had seen previously, but equally beautiful. And it fit me perfectly.

God knows all about our needs and wants. He knows our every thought.

Through this event, I became so aware of how much He cares for every aspect of our lives and how much He wants to bless His children.

"Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart."
Psalm 37:4 NKJ

© 2006 Arlene Schwartzkopf