Friday, December 15, 2006

Lord, Lift Me Up

I sometimes cannot hear Your voice.
My soul is sad..... does not rejoice,
For You are Life and Light to me.
Hear my cry and set me free.

Lift me up from this dark place.
Let me feel Your love and grace.
Give me strength so I may stand.
All I need, Lord, is Your hand.

I know that as I turn to You,
You'll reach down and bring me through.
You'll fill me with Your gentle peace,
Restore my joy and bring release.

Always I will turn to You
And wait to hear that still, small voice.
Help me. Lord, to not give up,
For when You speak I will rejoice!

"Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God."
Psalm 42:11 KJV

© 2006 Arlene Schwartzkopf