Monday, August 21, 2006

'Poor Me'

Self-pity sings it's woeful song
Because "the world has done it wrong!"
It mopes and weeps and carries on.
"Poor me" it sings the whole day long.

It's hard to have this thing around.
It spoils your joy and pulls you down.
It will not let you help it out.
It only wants to sit and pout!

It will not look beyond it's nose.
But wails and moans and tantrums throws.
And so it's sorrow grows and grows
As it centers on it's woes.

This crummy partner isn't pretty...
He who calls himself with pride "self-pity".
Don't let him in to roam about.
Shut the door and keep him out!


"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."
Matthew 11:28-30 NKJ

© 2006 Arlene Schwartzkopf