Saturday, August 19, 2006

People Who Inspire

NANCY

Nancy had a bright and positive spirit about her. As I grew to know her and learned a little about her background, I was very blessed by who she was.

She was a young mother with four children and, at one point in her life, found herself in a devastating situation..... one day her husband just disappeared and he did not return. She did not have any idea as to what might have happened to him. In spite of her grief and fear and difficulty in surviving and in comforting her children, she did not waver in her faith. The Lord was her strength.

It was a full year before she finally learned that her husband was still alive and that he had just moved away. When I asked her about how she got through that time, she said, "I just kept asking the Lord, 'What can I learn from this situation?' "

I have never forgotten her answer that day. Her life and her steadiness in the face of confusion were a real lesson on being positive and focusing on the Lord no matter what the circumstance. For surely the Lord can turn even the most difficult situation into something positive for us.

Nancy inspired me, and many times, over the years, I have been encouraged by the lesson of her life.


"Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name. He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble: I will deliver him, and honour him."
Psalm 91:14-15 KJV

© 2006 Arlene Schwartzkopf