Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Instrument Of Worship

A Vision

I looked at the piano before me..... it was a deep, warm red, burnished with gold. The finish was pearlescent in appearance. I had never seen color like that before..... nor had I seen a finish like that.....

As I stood and gazed at the piano, I realized that it was translucent.... I could see through the phenomenally beautiful frame of it. Inside were infrared coils. The coils were radiating intense heat, but I could stand right next to this piano and not be burnt.

What God was showing me was that He inhabits an instrument when it is used for worship. It "comes alive" and radiates the warmth of the Holy Spirit as it is being played. The sound of that instrument is transformed by His presence.

"Praise Him with stringed instruments and flutes."
Psalm 150:4b NKJ

© 2004 Arlene Schwartzkopf