Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year

A FRESH PERSPECTIVE

A few times over the years I have started to keep a diary. But each time, after awhile, I would lose interest and begin to skip days..... and finally give up and stop writing.

Lately I have been thinking about this. If a book were to be written of my life, including everything I have ever done, what would it speak to others?

First of all, I would want the pages to be filled with wisdom. I would want my life story to hold lessons of value... to leave a Godly heritage for others. I would want the pages to be filled with many good things and be a written record of beauty and worth... something that would become an encouragement to others. I would want others to find Jesus because of the witness of my life.

To picture my life in writing gives fresh new perspective to everything I do. I want my life to really count! As I serve the Living God I have opportunity to leave a good heritage. Perhaps by this the lives of my children, or grandchildren, or family, or friends or neighbors might be enriched and blessed. How sad it would be if my life had not "touched" someone else's life or had no positive impact on those who know me.....

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven."
Matthew 5:16 NKJ

© 2006 Arlene Schwartzkopf