Friday, January 06, 2006

God's Healing Power

How gracious and caring is our God.......

I was sitting at my table one day, writing. For no particular reason I glanced down at my wrist and, to my great surprise and horror, saw a lump there. For a moment I just sat there, stunned, trying to assimilate all the ramifications of what that could mean. The lump was about the size of a large pea and stuck up very noticeably on top of my hand right where it bends into the wrist. I felt the lump, and it was hard.

At that time I was a pianist in a large church with many services. I knew this situation could mean having to take time off from playing, and I didn't want to do that because I totally loved worshipping the Lord at the piano. Also I had a family to care for. I was a busy person. I cried out to the Lord, "Lord, I don't have time for this!!!" That was all I did right at that moment, and then went back to my writing.

As I look back, it was strange. I didn't even pray about the situation. I just cried out to the Lord.... and He heard my cry. At that point He touched me in an unusual way, because I totally forgot the whole experience..... until one day several months later. All of a sudden, I remembered it. Quickly I looked down at my wrist, and the lump was gone! God had totally healed my wrist. And He took away even the thoughts or anxiety I might have had in this situation. I don't know when He healed me, but the work was complete. My wrist was all smooth-looking once again.

We truly have an awesome God!

"Because Your lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise You. Thus I will bless You while I live; I will lift up my hands in Your name."
Psalm 63:3-4 NKJ

© 2006 Arlene Schwartzkopf