Thursday, December 01, 2005

Something To Ponder

What example am I in my daily walk....
How does my life speak in the way that I talk...
Who may be watching my actions each day...
"Actions speak louder than words," so they say...


Several years ago we had some neighbors who had three small children. As we began to get to know this family, we realized that they were very, very poor.

Late one summer, as the school year was approaching, I realized that the children were not going to have any new clothes for school. The family simply didn't have enough money to buy them any. So I decided to make dresses for the two girls and a shirt for the boy..... to surprise them. Now this wasn't any big thing for me to do, since I sewed all the time and had fabric on hand. For me, this was a fun project.

Well, I finished the clothes, gave them to the children, and never thought any more about it.

But several years later someone in my family, who wasn't a Christian, made comment about how nice she thought it was that I had done this for these children. Her statement jarred me to the very core of my being. I did not realize that this person had been watching me.

We never know who may be watching us and how much effect we have on others by the way we live. We can, unknowingly, lead others to change their pattern of living just by the example we set. In this we have awesome responsibility and unending opportunity.... to serve others.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven."
Matthew 5:16 NKJ

© 2005 Arlene Schwartzkopf