Sunday, December 11, 2005

My Burden Is Light

When all seems lost and sorrow enters,
And in the heart your sadness centers,
Know that God will hear your cry.
He sees your heart and hears your sigh.

When you are weary in your race
And one more day can't seem to face,
He will give the strength you need
To reach your goal and to succeed.

When confusion seems to reign
And you find yourself in pain,
He will lead and guide you through.
He will show you what to do.

If you've failed and made offense...
Afraid to face the consequence,
He will give a second chance
And help you through your circumstance.

In Jesus' Name are might and power
To meet your need in every hour.
Call upon His wondrous name.
Then give Him glory and acclaim!

"Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."
Matthew 11:28-30 NKJ

© 2005 Arlene Schwartzkopf