Friday, July 10, 2015

God's Gift Of Beauty

Are you contented with simple things..
Like the sweet, warbling song a little bird sings?
Blossoms with dewdrops which sparkle and shine?
A butterfly visiting flowers on a vine?

The beauty around us is more than enough,
Just so much better than “pile-up” of stuff.
Our “view” can get clogged so we simply don’t see
The beauty God gives us... so rich and yet free.

Take time to pause... linger and look.
God’s beauty is written as a lovely book.
The beauty He gives us we just cannot measure.
All that He gives is a very rich treasure.

“Because thy lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise thee. Thus will I bless thee while I live: I will lift up my hands in thy name.”
Psalm 63:3-4 KJV

“But godliness with contentment is great gain. For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.”
I Timothy 6:6 KJV

© 2014 Arlene Schwartzkopf