Friday, February 21, 2014

God's Calling

When God calls upon us, do we make excuse?
The reasons we give are sometimes profuse!
“I don’t have time”, or, “I am not ready”.
“This makes me nervous”, or, “I feel unsteady”.

If He is calling us, He has good reason.
He may want to take us into a new season!
If we’re lethargic or don’t want to “go”,
We may miss blessings He wants to bestow.

He goes before us, preparing the way.
We go in His strength as we trust and obey.
We should not question or keep asking “Why?”
His will is a blessing. On Him we rely.

“And Moses said unto the Lord, O my Lord, I am not eloquent neither heretofore, nor since thou hast spoken unto thy servant: but I am slow of speech, and of a slow tongue. And the Lord said unto him, Who hath made man’s mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? Have not I the Lord? Now therefore go, and I will be with thy mouth, and teach thee what thou shalt say.”
Exodus 4:10-12 KJV

© 2013 Arlene Schwartzkopf