Saturday, February 01, 2014

A Better Day

Some mornings when I wake up and am maybe still tired or are a little achy, I really don’t want to get up. But having a grumpy outlook is not a good way to start the day.

I have found that quoting Scripture will offset this problem and set a positive tone for my day. Some of the Scriptures I use are: Psalm 23, The Lord’s Prayer (Matthew 6:9-13), Isaiah 40:31 and Psalm 118:24 and sometimes Psalm 91. I have memorized these Scriptures and speak them before I get out of bed.

The power of the Word first thing in the morning re-sets my thinking patterns so that I am clear-headed and positive. Do I have problems to solve? Yes. Am I weary sometimes? Yes. But the Scripture helps me to get above the problems and find God’s perspective! He gives me a bigger picture! God’s Word is a treasure... a manual for joyous living!

“Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.”
Psalm 119:105 KJV

“The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.”
Psalm 28:7 KJV

© 2014 Arlene Schwartzkopf