Saturday, December 28, 2013

The Healing Peace Of Jesus

Yesterday, as I sat in a doctor’s waiting room, I had opportunity to talk with several different people. As they began to share with me I was impacted by the enormity of their needs. One lady said she had just spent a whole month off of work because of a bout with shingles in her mouth. She spoke of the intense pain it caused and also mentioned that she had stress in her life. As she was called in to see the doctor, she reached out to me with her hand... and it was like she was just reaching out for a warm touch in her life.

In speaking to another lady I learned that she was facing a knee replacement because of an injury she had had earlier in her life. She was limping and walking very gingerly on that leg. I talked with some others who were there and were struggling with complex back injuries....

As I came away from that office I was deeply impacted by the need for prayer and healing in people’s lives. I believe Jesus is saying, “Come away into quiet places with Me, where restoration and healing can begin to take place. In the world today you have stress (and stress-related ailments), but in Me you will find deep, penetrating peace. Pursue My peace so your body, mind and spirit can rest. For when you rest in Me your body will be able to heal.”

“Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.”
John 14:27 KJV

“Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.”
Isaiah 26:3 KJV

© 2013 Arlene Schwartzkopf