Sunday, January 20, 2013

His Highest And Best

I once heard a woman say, "My mother taught me all the right ways to do things, but I just don't choose to do them that way." She knew what was right, but she just didn't practice what she had learned.

I wonder how many times we hear good teachings, and even agree with them, but only receive the ones which don't challenge us to change. When God speaks "change", He is moving or pulling us toward something better. We may squirm or say, "This doesn't fit", but if we don't move forward then we are falling behind and limiting the blessings God has for us.

If we listen intently to God's instructions and follow through, we will find our "highest and best" in life. For He will challenge and stretch us to be more than we ever thought we could be!

"Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits."
Psalm 103:2 KJV

© 2013 Arlene Schwartzkopf