Monday, January 07, 2013

A New Vessel

A long time ago I had a dream, and in my mind I can still see what the Lord showed me in that dream.

I saw a broken teapot. It had been dropped and broken so many times that now it was just beginning to crumble apart. It seemed to now be beyond repair.

But then suddenly, as I again looked at the teapot, it was all shiny and new. It was totally restored to it's original beauty with lovely painted designs on it. As I looked closely I could see no hairline cracks in it at all. It was beautiful.

This teapot represented a broken life, and in the restored teapot I saw how the love of God had erased the brokenness and re-created that life to be even more beautiful than when it was first created. There were no signs of aging or wear and tear.

And this is the promise we have in Christ. He is able to take all the broken pieces of our lives and make them into something new and beautiful. He cares so much...

"Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing: thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness; To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever."
Psalm 30:11-12 KJV

© 2012 Arlene Schwartzkopf